[Swarm-Modelling] starting ant system

From: Nelson Faria
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] starting ant system
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:37:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I'm starting the design/development of an ant system.
I have one question, that i don't know if there you
could have a better solution.

The scenario of the test is a plan with X*Y positions.
Each position could be: Food, water, or free terrain.

My problem is that if an ant put pheromone at a given
position I can have the possibility to put the ant
running in cycle.

To avoid this the ants put pheromones on each position
with a different 'smell', based on ant genes.

So the ant follow other ants pheromones, but avoid own
'smell'. Is this the normal solution?

Nelson Faria
+351 913495950