Re: [Swarm-Modelling] lifecycle requirements

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] lifecycle requirements
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 10:04:54 -0700

glen e. p. ropella wrote:
So, now that we have that useless distraction out of the way, _is_
object evolution a requirement for an ABM tool?
It is clear is not a basic and essential requirement for all agent based modeling tools, as there is much agent based modeling done without it. It is also clear that agents have state, and can change over time. Left to determine is whether the absence of a language for describing agents which are superpositions of many agents is not well handled using a very general superclass, or perhaps generics, as would be done in most object oriented toolkits. And if so, what would be better.

After that is determined, then in this waterfall model of software development, we can move on to questions of design.