Tcl/Tk errors

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Tcl/Tk errors
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 03:38:47 -0500

Hi-
I wrote up a version of Conway's Life, based on heatbugs (to learn Swarm).
I'm getting a slew of runtime errors like the following.  I probably made
an obvious mistake in my code, but for future reference, is this stuff
coming from libtclobjc, from tkobjc, or straight from the Tcl interpreter,
or elsewhere?  Can anyone tell me how to interpret these error messages?
Is there a central error routine in any of those libraries that I could set
a gdb breakpoint in, to break whenever one of these errors gets printed?
Or any debugging options? Thanks!
-Ted

PS The program seems to work correctly otherwise -- guess even I can't
screw Life up...

(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name "8@"cell""
    while executing
"unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args"
    invoked from within
"if {[llength [info procs unknown_pre_tclObjc]]} {
       unknown_pre_tclObjc $name $args
     } else {
       error "in unknown: invalid command name: ..."
    invoked from within
"if {[string match address@hidden $name]} {
     return [uplevel tclObjc_msg_send $name $args]
   } else {
     if {[llength [info procs unknown_pre_tclObjc]]}  ..."
    (procedure "unknown" line 2)
    invoked from within
"8@"cell""
    invoked from within
"address@hidden@address@hidden@
0x401ec708 insert 0 "??? ([8@"cell"]..."
while evaluating:
address@hidden@address@hidden@0
x401ec708 delete 0 end;

--
Ted Belding                  address@hidden or address@hidden
University of Michigan          Division of Computer Science and Engineering