Problems getting sample appl'ns to compile

From: Douglas R. Briggs
Subject: Problems getting sample appl'ns to compile
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 96 12:24:38 -0600

Hi,

        Sorry to disturb with this seemingly trivial problem, but I got Swarm to
compile successfully, but now am faced with compiling the sample applications,
which do not compile.  The error I get using gcc 2.7.2 is:

163> make
make: Fatal error in reader: ../swarm/Makefile.appl, line 13: Unexpected end of
line seen

The thirteenth line of the file in question reads:

vpath lib%.a $(LIBDIR)

I'm lost here.  Anyone know what bonehead error I'm making?

        Douglas.

XP
 Douglas R. Briggs
    Graduate Research Programmer      Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Department of Computer Science    address@hidden

PGP fingerprint:
        6A 77 7B 55 AE 61 F1 E1  E3 3F CE CE 82 41 3F 92
PGP Public Key:
        http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~drbriggs/key.txt

                     Geographic Modeling Systems Laboratory