Re: Sorry, continued problems.

From: Douglas R. Briggs
Subject: Re: Sorry, continued problems.
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:08:50 -0600

Hello, again!

        Still having problems. I added libtclobjc.a and libtk.a to the
library paths, and then pointed one of the library paths to a place
where I had found a copy of libXpm.a, since I had received the errors:

>ld: fatal: file
>/datamnt/scratch/import/src/runtime/XGRAPH.sup/xpm-3.2g/lib/libXpm.a:
>unknown type, unable to process using elf(3E) libraries

So, I added a library path for -L/usr/local/apps/xrt/lib, where
another libXpm.a file was.  Now, the errors say this:

<esker>: /data/landsim/Swarm/antsort
232> gmake
gcc -L../swarm/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/data/landsim/Swarm/libtclobjc-1.1b2 -L/usr/local/apps/xrt/lib -g  -o antsort
SortingAnt.o SortSpace.o main.o -lspace -lsimtools -ltkobjc -lactivity -lrandom
-lswarmobject -lcollections -ldefobj -ltclobjc -lBLT -ltk -ltcl -lXpm -lX11
-lobjc -lm
socket                              /usr/lib/libX11.so
xdrmem_create                       /usr/lib/libX11.so
gethostbyname                       /usr/lib/libX11.so
setsockopt                          /usr/lib/libX11.so
authdes_create                      /usr/lib/libX11.so
inet_addr                           /usr/lib/libX11.so
connect                             /usr/lib/libX11.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to antsort
gmake: *** [antsort] Error 1

Any ideas?  I'm afraid I don't know too much about installing
software (I'm more of a numerical analyst).  Thanks again for your
prompt help!

        Douglas.

XP

 Douglas R. Briggs
    Graduate Research Programmer      Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Department of Computer Science    address@hidden

PGP fingerprint:
        6A 77 7B 55 AE 61 F1 E1  E3 3F CE CE 82 41 3F 92
PGP Public Key:
        http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~drbriggs/key.txt

                     Geographic Modeling Systems Laboratory