Re: Sorry, continued problems.

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Sorry, continued problems.
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 96 11:57:30 MST

It might be easier for you if you invoke the help of someone local who
understands about linking big software packages. It's hard to diagnose
errors on someone else's sytem.

>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>socket                              /usr/lib/libX11.so
>xdrmem_create                       /usr/lib/libX11.so
>gethostbyname                       /usr/lib/libX11.so
>setsockopt                          /usr/lib/libX11.so
>authdes_create                      /usr/lib/libX11.so
>inet_addr                           /usr/lib/libX11.so
>connect                             /usr/lib/libX11.so
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to antsort
>gmake: *** [antsort] Error 1

It looks like your libX11 references various internet socket
functions. You'll need to link in a library that carries those
functions. My guess is -lsocket (put it at the end, like where -lieee
was), but that is definitely OS dependent.