subclassing solved

From: Claudia Pahl
Subject: subclassing solved
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 17:29:54 +0100

Hi,

after some struggle I solved the problem with subclassing. What happened is
that I imported <simtools.h> and tried afterwards to import
<collections/List_linked.h> as superclass for my own subclass NWList. The
compiler told me that LINKED was already defined. Somehow either MLINKS or
CONTIG is set to 1 when simtools/global.h is imported. Therefore in
List_GEN LINKED is already defined. If I go through the same procedure and
replace List_linked with List_mlinks everything works fine.

I solved the problem by importing only <random.h> and by defining in my
file extern Uniform *uniformRandom. This way I do not need to import
simtools as a whole. Now everything works fine.

Apparently there exist still a number of cross relationship between the
libraries which are not always obvous and presumably not intended. Roger
told me that nothing was changed in collections. However, many changes were
made in simtools.

All the best

Claudia

PD Dr. Claudia Pahl-Wostl                           e-mail: address@hidden
EAWAG, Switzerland                                  phone:    +41-1-823-5542
Environmental Physics                               fax:      +41-1-823-5210