single raster, multiple grids

From: Christian W. Bridgers
Subject: single raster, multiple grids
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 14:21:35 -0400

Hello fellow Swarmers.

The simulation that I am creating has 4 different world attributes
(grids) that need to be displayed.  I currently have 4 separate rasters
to display them, but this tends to slow things down quite a bit when
working with large grids.

Does anybody have any experience using a single raster to display
multiple attributes?  It would be nice if I could have buttons that
would allow the user to select which of the attributes s/he would like
to display on a single raster during run-time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Chris