comments and help required

From: Chantemargue Fabrice
Subject: comments and help required
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 16:52:38 +0200

Hello,

The purpose of this email is to subscribe to the majordomo list.

I downloaded the swarm beta release few weeks ago. From the examples provided
with swarm, I developed my own application, which fits in the framework of
collective robotics: we have a collection of objects scattered in a two D world
wherein a set of agents, whose behavior is not necessarily selfsame are in
charge of collecting all the objects to make a stack. With the tools provided
in swarm, it is a real pleasure to follow the experiment as we can analyse in
realtime as many variables aws we wish.
I have few questions I would like to ask, but as I do not know if you are the
right person, I would appreciate if you could forward them to whom it may
concern:

- I heard that an MPI version of swarm was under development. What is the
current status?

- The space library does not contain any 2 and half D representation nor 3D. Do
you plan to append it to the current library?

- I downloaded the genetic algorithm library and neural network library
contributed by J. J. Merelo. I built them without any problem, but when I tried
to compile the program kkga for instance to test population and genomes, it
failed. The error message is as follows:
kkga.m: In function `main':
kkga.m:83: `simControl' undeclared (first use this function)
kkga.m:83: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kkga.m:83: for each function it appears in.)
kkga.m: In function `doForm':
kkga.m:127: `SimParameters' undeclared (first use this function)
kkga.m:127: `simParameters' undeclared (first use this function)
kkga.m:127: warning: statement with no effect
kkga.m:128: `Parameter' undeclared (first use this function)
kkga.m:128: parse error before `p'
kkga.m:136: `p' undeclared (first use this function)
kkga.m:140: `simControl' undeclared (first use this function

I have the similar type of problem with neurodemo in the neural network
library, that is:
neurodemo.m:36: parse error before `*'
neurodemo.m:36: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
neurodemo.m: In function `main':
neurodemo.m:108: `simControl' undeclared (first use this function)
neurodemo.m:108: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
neurodemo.m:108: for each function it appears in.)
neurodemo.m: In function `doForm':
neurodemo.m:161: `Parameter' undeclared (first use this function)
neurodemo.m:161: parse error before `p'
neurodemo.m: At top level:
neurodemo.m:168: conflicting types for `simParameters'
neurodemo.m:36: previous declaration of `simParameters'
neurodemo.m:168: `SimParameters' undeclared here (not in a function)
neurodemo.m:168: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

I would really appreciate the help on these two last problems which are may be
minor for someone who knows very well the environment.

Thanks for your help

Best regards.

Fabrice Chantemargue.

--