Re: gcc 2.7.2.1 +gnustep objc patch

From: gepr
Subject: Re: gcc 2.7.2.1 +gnustep objc patch
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 12:56:30 -0600

> I am about to start trying to convince my system to compile the new
> gcc-2.7.2.1 with the new (960906) gnustep objc patch. I was wondering
> if anyone (Nelson?) knew whether this patch-level of the objc runtime
> would effect swarm.

Let us know what happens.  Nelson may know the answer; but, he might
not be monitoring the list right now.  I don't know how the patch will
affect us.

> A couple of other unrelated questions. I was wondering if it had been
> decided upon whether the next release of swarm would use the new tcl/tk?
> I also was curious when this next release of swarm would be released
> (if any decisions have even been made on this topic)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Eikenberry

The next release is coming very soon (like, within the week, if we're
lucky).  However, we won't be moving up in tcl or tk versions.

We're adding some new code and trying to get some documentation
up to date.

We're also assembling a "Vision" or plan for some ideas we've
covered, and we'll forward that to the list, also.

Adios.
glen

|glen e. p. ropella                    |                                  |
|Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            |
|address@hidden                      |                                  |