SwarmFest

From: Claudia Pahl
Subject: SwarmFest
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:48:55 +0200

Hi Chris,

I intend to come to the SWARM user meeting in February. There is a good
chance that I will be accompanied by another person from the TH Darmstadt.
We could show what we have been doing so far and what we still intend to
do. Presumably Paul Box will come as PostDoc to work with us next year. We
might present what we want to do. We are currently developing models which
are used in so called focus groups in an interactive fashion. I followed
with interest the discussion on Simulation as Journalism. I share Nelson's
reservation that putting a model on the web and letting everybody play
around might be a problem. Nevertheless I feel that the interactive use of
such models can convey the meaning of complexity better than any paper on
the topic. Therefore a more controlled use may be an alternative.

All the best

Claudia

PD Dr. Claudia Pahl-Wostl                           e-mail: address@hidden
EAWAG, Switzerland                                  phone:    +41-1-823-5542
Environmental Physics                               fax:      +41-1-823-5210