More Death

From: lsrjz
Subject: More Death
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:55:32 +0000

Thanks Glen, Chris & Roger for your pointers (!!) regarding passing messages
to objects.

Now I have a pretty unstable ecosystem with prey giving birth but never
dying! BTW adding children to the start of the preyList appears safe even
when it is the first member of the list giving birth.

I've implemented Manor's suicidalBanana scheme for death but, to echo Sven's
question, cannot see where the prey get removed from the preyList. I can
empty the repearQueue but do not see how I associate a dropped object from
that List with the corresponding object from the preyList.

So, when I run it I get a SIGSEGV as I try to display an object referenced
from the preyList that has been dropped from the reaperQueue.

Cheers,
Steve.

 Steve Emsley (address@hidden) +44 (0)1598 753648
         Ecosystems Analysis & Management Group
 University of Warwick,  COVENTRY CV4 7AL,  United Kingdom.