RE: More Death

From: Tomas Gudmundsson
Subject: RE: More Death
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 13:55:03 +0000

Hi !

>I've implemented Manor's suicidalBanana scheme for death >but, to echo Sven's
>question, cannot see where the prey get removed from the >preyList. I can
>empty the repearQueue but do not see how I associate a >dropped object from
>that List with the corresponding object from the preyList.

I do this in the following manner : I first traverse the reaper list and remove
the objects in the reaper list from the banana list. Finally I empty the reaper
list :

  id index, suicidalBanana;
  if ([reaperQueue getCount] > 0);
  {
    // Remove the items in the reaper list from the banana list
    index = [reaperQueue begin: [self getZone]];
    while ((suicidalBanana = [index next]))
    {
      [bananaList remove: suicidalBanana];
      [suicidalBanana drop];