varProbing with inherited variables

From: Matthew Hare
Subject: varProbing with inherited variables
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 17:23:04 GMT

hi
can any one out there tell me how I can get a probe to display the variable
contents of an object that inherits some of its variables from its parent class?

e.g.

@implementation superclass : SwarmObject{
int a;
int b;
etc ...
}

@implementation subclass : superclass {
int c
}

and I want to be able to create a varProbe for 'subclass' which will allow
me to change its values for vars a, b and c etc....

 methods to create a custom probMap for 'subclass' don't work....
e.g
  [probeMap addProbe:
[probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "a" inClass: [self class]]];
   [probeMap addProbe:
[probeLibrary getProbeForVariable: "b" inClass: [self class]]];

Can anyone help?

Matt Hare
MLURI
Scotland.