Parallel processing

From: Tony
Subject: Parallel processing
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 17:00:22 -0500

Swarmers,

I've read through the FAQ and the last couple of months of mail archives
and I don't have a clear picture of the  Swarm team's plans for parallel
processing.  What are the plans?  Can someone comment on the feasibility of
parallel / concurrent processing on multiple pentiums using linux and a
future version of Swarm?  I'm thinking about the processing demands of
large amounts of agents with multiple levels of agents in each agent.

A suggestion for the team:  post the project timeline and tasks on the
website for the next 12 month period.  It wouldn't have to be in any
graphical or structured format, just straight text.  I know that the work
is dynamic in nature and does follow the strictest of plans, but I think it
would help the community in planning.  Perhaps posting once a month or
every other month would minimize the impact of time spent putting out the
information.  If this is already available on the website, please provide a
pointer.

Thanks,
Tony