tutorial app

From: cgl
Subject: tutorial app
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 18:53:48 -0700

Hi folks...

  There are two minor problems with the tutorial app in swarmapps-1.0.0
(there may be more! - please let me know if others crop up)

1st, in simpleSwarmBug/ModelSwarm.m, the @implementation line should
     be "@implementation ModelSwarm" instead of "@implementation BugSwarm"

2nd, some ObjC programming slipped into the simpleCBug app! The calls on
     the random number generator are objC style calls! I've been
     using objC so long now that I forget what ordinary C was like!

     Anyway, see the simpleObjCBug/README for the explanation of the
     [id message] syntax used for the random number calls.

     I'll fix these and put a corrected version up on the web site...

  I'm going to keep using this basic random-bug model in further tutorial
apps, to illustrate other features of Swarm, such as dynamic-scheduling
(as in Mousetraps), setting up and using graphs, creating and dropping
swarms on the fly (hopefully we won't have flys on the swarm!) and etc.

  Please let me know if you find this tutorial useful, or if you have
problems with it, or have suggestions for improving it. The tutorial,
its extensions, and a number of other docs will form the basis for a
Swarm Manual, as it is still easier to *show* how than to *say* how
to do things in Swarm - our earlier demo apps like Heatbugs had
grown too complex to be useful for basic introduction to Swarm.

Thanks!

Chris Langton