Congrats & trivia

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Congrats & trivia
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 23:56:50 -0800

Ye Masters of the Hive,

Congratulations on the official release. May Swarm live long and
prosper.

Two trivial remarks:

a) For those who are downloading the new release note that the tar file
unpacks into a directory called swarm. You might want to be careful
about where you unpack it, I managed to ovewrite old Makefiles and
source directories when I unpacked my copy. The old binaries were not
affected (dirty secret: my Linux box has no backup)

b) The link to necessary software points to the ftp directory. It might
be useful to know more about the current status of compatability with
versions of Tk/Tcl and BLT (the ftp directory contains new and old
versions of Tk/Tcl and I noted that the Swarm Makefile.conf links
against the new versions). I lost track of where the hive-meisters want
us to go now.

Regards,
-Benedikt

--