binaries and other bugs...

From: cgl
Subject: binaries and other bugs...
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:23:38 -0700

Hi folks!

  I'd like to thank everybody for the congratulatory messages and
tactfully worded initial bug reports on the Swarm V1.0.0 release!

  We've had a few bug-reports already on V1.0.0, and, although we
tested the binary distributions on the platforms available to
us, we missed some important configurations out there for which
the binary installation fails. We're working hard on correcting
these glitches, and we hope to have new binaries in place within
a day or so. We will probably wait a few more days to see what
other bugs emerge before we put out a version 1.0.1, so you might
want to wait a day or two before downloading the new version. We'll
announce it on swarm-announce.

 Our apologies for the glitches, but we should have them cleaned
up within the next few days.

  Chris Langton
    for the SFI Hive