Support for parallel processing

From: Mattias V. Bertelsen
Subject: Support for parallel processing
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 22:37:12 -0600 (CST)

In the documentation for Zones, it was mentioned that this was going
to be used in the future as a hook for distributed processing.  I was
wondering what kinds of systems this was intended to work on, and how far
along the support was for that?  Are you planning on supporting Beowulf
and/or PVM?  The possibilities for using Swarm on large, fast
Linux/Intel-based clusters intrigue me, especially given the
cost/performance advantages.

Thanks for your time and the GREAT software.

Mattias V. Bertelsen
Undergraduate in Ecology
The University of Texas at Austin