Re: libtclobjc beta 6

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: libtclobjc beta 6
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 23:40:43 -0500

>Not as far as we know. The b in the name doesn't stand for beta, in
>this case. At least that's what Nelson told me.

Uh, it does actually mean beta. As in "unfinished".

The plan with libtclobjc originally was that I was going to clean it
up and make a wonderful new version available to the world. It became
clear to me, though, that the only people who were going to care about
libtclobjc was Swarm users, that libtclobjc was basically good enough
for Swarm, and that other Swarm things had priority. So I never did
the extra work to put out what I felt was a proper final release.

Anyway, the only libtclobjc that's going to work with modern gcc and
Tcl is the one coming from the Swarm project.