Solaris machine

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Solaris machine
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:52:36 -0700

pmcneill> I'm trying to link one of my simulations on a Solaris 2.5
pmcneill> platform and have been having some problems.  The linker is
pmcneill> returning the following error message:

pmcneill> /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/bin/ld: warning:
pmcneill> libXext.so.0, needed by /usr/op enwin/lib/libX11.so, not
pmcneill> found

pmcneill> /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so: undefined reference to
pmcneill> `XSolarisIASetProcessInfo' make: *** [UAV3d] Error 1

This part sounds like a similar problem that was on the list
awhile back.  See:
http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9701/0100.html

pmcneill>  ../../swarm/lib/libsimtools.a(ControlPanel.o): In
pmcneill> function `_i_ControlPanel__wai tForControlEvent':
pmcneill> /pub/local/src/swarm/src/simtools/ControlPanel.m:60:
pmcneill> undefined reference to `Tcl _DoOneEvent'
pmcneill> ../../swarm/lib/libsimtools.a(ControlPanel.o): In function
pmcneill> `_i_ControlPanel__doT kEvents':
pmcneill> /pub/local/src/swarm/src/simtools/ControlPanel.m:72:
pmcneill> undefined reference to `Tcl _DoOneEvent'

These look like Tcl/Tk problems.  One case where this can
happen is if the include files you're compiling against
don't match the libraries against which you're linking.
I say this because a grep on the Tcl 7.4 headers shows no
mention of Tcl_DoOneEvent but a grep on 7.5 includes does.

So, it's plausible that you're using 7.4 headers and 7.5
libraries.

pmcneill> I've successfully built the simulation on both Linux and
pmcneill> Irix platforms with Swarm 1.0 (from the source
pmcneill> distribution).  Swarm 1.0 compiled fine on the Solaris
pmcneill> platform as well, so I'm confused about the error.  I am
pmcneill> using the same Makefile.conf that I used with Swarm 961002
pmcneill> (no problems there)...

Didn't like our new makefiles, eh? [grin]

glen

|glen e. p. ropella (address@hidden) |                                  |
|Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            |
|http://www.trail.com/~gepr/home.html  |                                  |