Re: multiple attributes

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: multiple attributes
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:32:14 -0800

Hi Sven,

Maybe I misunderstood your message, but associating multiple
attributes with a site on a Space simply involves writing a
corresponding data wrapper object which holds your attribute
structure, and can give information about the corresponding data.

I have examples of spaces that hold either a simple datawrapper
at a given site or a sorted map of datawrappers, each associated
with a keyobject, at each site. In the sorted map example the
datawrappers are actually lists of pointers, so these 'site object
constructions' can be many layers deep.

In my experience a generalized Space class which would be able to
do this would not be helpful, because I like give transparent
names to method calls that set and retrieve attributes from these
Space subclasses and corresponding datawrappers and Maps.

Code available on request, I just didn't want to clutter the
mailinglist.

-Benedikt

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Center for Computable Economics     Tel. (310) 825-1777
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu