Re: multiple attributes

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: multiple attributes
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 18:14:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Sven N. Thommesen wrote:

> At 02:32 PM 3/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hi Sven,
> >
> >Maybe I misunderstood your message, but associating multiple
> >attributes with a site on a Space simply involves writing a
> >corresponding data wrapper object which holds your attribute
> >structure, and can give information about the corresponding data.
> >
> >I have examples of spaces that hold either a simple datawrapper
> >at a given site or a sorted map of datawrappers, each associated
> >with a keyobject, at each site. In the sorted map example the
> >datawrappers are actually lists of pointers, so these 'site object
> >constructions' can be many layers deep.
> >
> >In my experience a generalized Space class which would be able to
> >do this would not be helpful, because I like give transparent
> >names to method calls that set and retrieve attributes from these
> >Space subclasses and corresponding datawrappers and Maps.
> >
> >Code available on request, I just didn't want to clutter the
> >mailinglist.
> >
> >-Benedikt
> >

> Great!
>
> Sounds like just what I had in mind.
>
> You show me yours, I'll show you mine
> (in a version you can actually compile, this time ... :-)
>
> --Sven

I was under the impression, from their presentation at
SwarmFest, that the "Village people" had implemented
something like that as well?

Maybe you'd want to take a look at their source which is
available from the user contrib site?

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427