Re: Swarm futures (LONG)

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: Swarm futures (LONG)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 18:43:36 -0800

At 08:14 PM 3/15/97 -0500, Nelson Minar wrote:

>porting Swarm to Windows (WinNT, certainly, maybe Win95) wouldn't be
>too tough either, assuming that gcc-objc works there.

GCC works on Windows; we've done much of this work including interfacing
with the Win32 system threads and mutexes.  All of the GNUstep libraries
compile and run on Windows, plus we have written the MediaBook Win32 GUI
Backend which is a GUI backend for the GNUstep GUI Library that gives
programs written to OpenStep the ability to run and look like normal Windows
programs.  In actuality the Windows GUI is much more advanced than under
X11, we have written a whole bunch of GUI database programs using purely
GNUstep.

Scott