Complex Systems Research, You, and NECSI

From: NECSI
Subject: Complex Systems Research, You, and NECSI
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 02:07:05 -0500

The New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI) is proud to announce our
1998 activities and the availability of NECSI memberships. The New England
Complex Systems Institute is a national independent educational and
research institution dedicated to advancing the study of complex systems.
Complex systems have multiple interacting components whose collective
behavior cannot be simply inferred from the behavior of components. The
recognition that understanding the parts cannot explain collective behavior
has led to various new concepts and methodologies that are affecting all
fields of science and engineering, and are being applied to technology,
business and even social policy. We invite you to join us in the
investigation of these concepts.

More information about NECSI and our activities in 1998 can be found at
http://necsi.org

NECSI has two categories of memberships:

1) Regular Members

Regular members are informed about all NECSI events, eligible to
participate in NECSI sponsored conferences and workshops, receive a
discount on NECSI books and videos, and receive a twice yearly newsletter.

Membership fees are used to support the ongoing research programs of NECSI
-- working group meetings, conferences, and publications.

Regular membership is $20 per year for registered students (with proof of
status), $50 per year for academics (proof of status), and $100 per year
for everyone else.  Corporate membership is $500 if you wish to register in
the name of your corporation instead of individually. Corporate members
receive a free copy of Dr. Bar-Yam's book "Dynamics of Complex Systems."

All memberships are tax-deductible.

More information on NECSI regular membership (including a web registration
form) is available at http://necsi.org/member.html

2) Community Corporate members of NECSI are eligible to join the NECSI
Corporate Community.

The NECSI Corporate Community is organized to meet two goals:a) provide
NECSI with the resources necessary for the ongoing activities and b) allow
corporate members greater interaction with researchers in an effort to
discuss and implement practical applications of ongoing research into
complex systems.

There are several levels of membership in the NECSI Corporate Community.
All include personalized feedback from complex systems researchers and
participation in the three day NECSI Corporate Community meeting October 30
to November 1, 1998.  For more information on the NECSI Corporate Community
see http://necsi.org/community.html