RE: Linux 4.2 question

From: Davis, Jon
Subject: RE: Linux 4.2 question
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 09:34:31 -0600

Brad,

I had exactly the same problem on my laptop (a Winbook FX)! It has to do
with the master boot record (MBR) and LILO. Basically, my remedy (which
worked) was (1) to rebuild the Windows MBR and (2) reinstall LILO
afterwards.

There is a very simple DOS command to rebuild the MBR, but I
unfortunately can't remember it. I called Windows Tech support and they
knew right away how to do it.

As for LILO, I just went through a reinstall of Linux. Others might be
able to provide a faster approach for this...

Jon Davis
Univ. of Illinois