Some info on Objective-C for Metrowerks CodeWarrior

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Some info on Objective-C for Metrowerks CodeWarrior
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:22:17 -0800

I just ran across this article on what Metrowerks is doing to support
Rhapsody (Apple's next generation OS for Macs, due out in the Spring)
and Objective-C. Note that Rhapsody is essentially a Unix system,
eminently suited for Swarm development, will run on both PowerPCs and
Intel, and since you will be able to develop software under it for
Windows is truly a force to be reckoned with.

This article covers some interesting points. Note especially the remark
that the current release of CodeWarrior contains a mini-runtime for ObjC
for MacOS 7.x or 8.x (I had previously been told that it only had the
front-end) and the more bizarre talk about changing to a "modern syntax"
for ObjC, which from my perspective seems more like a step backwards...

The URL:
http://www.metrowerks.com/news/factory_floor/97_10.html

-Benedikt
--