OOP and the Objective-C Language missing again!

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: OOP and the Objective-C Language missing again!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:30:54 -0500 (EST)

I just tried to access the online manual, via the higher
level link

http://devworld.apple.com/ngs/lpp/adrpub/docs/dev/prelude/documentation.html

which has (alleged) links for "Order Hardcopy" and "View Online"
neither of which works now.

Does anyone know where/if the online manual is online now?
(I sent a message to the keepers of that page, but who knows
when/if I'll get an answer before they go out of business!)

Also, maybe this was raised in some other item...
but I noticed this line on the above page, when talking
about the manual:

Note that this documents the classic Objective-C syntax that is used in
Prelude to Rhapsody, not the modern Objective-C syntax that is
expected to be used in the Rhapsody product. The modern syntax is
essentially identical to the current syntax of Java.

Can anyone who is following this fill us in on what
apple/next's plans are?   Its interesting that they are choosing
to call it "modern objective-c" despite their own claim
that its essentially identical to Java!  Why not call it "Joe"?
(I suppose some product has jumped on that obvious one...)

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu//pscs.html