Re: Movies

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: Movies
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 98 14:06:16 EST

Jan, Nelson,

> This is hard in general. The stuff that Benedikt and I put in won't
> work, for the reasons you noted.
>
> One ugly hack is to exec a process to call "xwd" to dump the window.
> The program can take a window ID which I believe you can get from the
> Raster object. Your code to do XWriteBitmapToFile might also work,
> although it might be a bit subtle to get it right. X's colourmap stuff
> is very awkward.

I think "xwd", at least under HPUX 9.0, does something dreadful, at least
some of the time.  Please try this by hand before coding it....

FWIW(NM), you might want to consider whether Doing It By Hand might take
less time.  Gecko can be told to take one step at a time, and you can take
snapshots, with whatever tool is at hand.  Tedious, but perhaps less
aggravating than the X documentation.

Ciao...
    Ginger