one way to controll text size (color,etc) in panels, probes,...

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: one way to controll text size (color,etc) in panels, probes,...
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:35:09 -0500 (EST)

Well, here is a start of an answer for my question
of the other day.  One can control the size of the text
in *all* the tk generated panels, probes, graphs, etc with:

*Tk*font: 6x13

in your .Xdefaults file, and the following that with an
  xrdb .Xdefaults
to tell the X server about the change.
Other attributes can be changed, too, eg color.
When I do that, I can get all of a complete probe into,
say, a heatbug, on my screen with no problem.

I don't yet know to control things in the different
tk widgets, eg one size/color in the control panel,
another in the probe, etc.  Maybe that can be done some
via more specific resource specifications in the .Xdefaults
file, maybe not.
For now I've got what I need.

Obviously this will change when java replaces tk...

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html