Zoom Factor

From: Matthias Mikuletz
Subject: Zoom Factor
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:35:07 -0700 (MST)

Hi everybody,

a problem which has been discussed earlier is that if You set a ZoomFactor
bigger then one  for a nonsquare window, You get the error message
'nonsquare zoom given' and the app will not work.
surprisingly there are situations in which a nonsquare zoom not equalling
one IS working. But You'd be lucky to catch one.

I did take a short glance at the swarm source code, but couldn't locate
the bug (I didn't have much time).

Because to me there seems to be no obvious reason why this should not
work, here's the question:

Does anybody have a solution?  If not, is the problem known?
What could be done to work around?

I have the feeling, that the swarm code only needs a very minor change,
probably in ZoomRaster.[hm]?

greets to everyone in the swarm-community and thanks to the developpers
for providing swarm. it's great!

greets
matthias

==  from:                                     Matthias Mikuletz  ==
==          Institut fuer Theoretische Physik - Teilinstitut II  ==
==                                       Universitaet Stuttgart  ==
==  jobfon  +49 711 6854919                  Pfaffenwaldring 57  ==
==  homfon  +49 711  711673                     70550 Stuttgart  ==
==   email  address@hidden               ==
==   snail  M. Mikuletz    Filderbahnstr. 57    70567 Stuttgart  ==