Re: Zoom Factor

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Zoom Factor
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:16:12 -0800

Hi,

I don't have the solution, but I have noticed that Swarm 1.0.5 (binary) on
Linux and Solaris does not behave the same in this regard, i.e. you can freely
resize the ZoomRaster on Solaris. Since it is a binary version (the gcc 2.7.2
version in both cases) the difference is not w.r.t. to different versions of
Tk/Tcl I think. Just in the behavior of the window manager on the two
platforms? Haven't had time to look into what is going on there...

-Benedikt

Matthias Mikuletz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> a problem which has been discussed earlier is that if You set a ZoomFactor
> bigger then one  for a nonsquare window, You get the error message
> 'nonsquare zoom given' and the app will not work.
> surprisingly there are situations in which a nonsquare zoom not equalling
> one IS working. But You'd be lucky to catch one.
>
> I did take a short glance at the swarm source code, but couldn't locate
> the bug (I didn't have much time).
>
> Because to me there seems to be no obvious reason why this should not
> work, here's the question:
>
> Does anybody have a solution?  If not, is the problem known?
> What could be done to work around?
>
> I have the feeling, that the swarm code only needs a very minor change,
> probably in ZoomRaster.[hm]?
>
> greets to everyone in the swarm-community and thanks to the developpers
> for providing swarm. it's great!
>
> greets
> matthias

> ==  from:                                     Matthias Mikuletz  ==
> ==          Institut fuer Theoretische Physik - Teilinstitut II  ==
> ==                                       Universitaet Stuttgart  ==
> ==  jobfon  +49 711 6854919                  Pfaffenwaldring 57  ==
> ==  homfon  +49 711  711673                     70550 Stuttgart  ==
> ==   email  address@hidden               ==
> ==   snail  M. Mikuletz    Filderbahnstr. 57    70567 Stuttgart  ==

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          Tel. (310) 825-1777