Re: Distributing Win95/NT exe files?

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Distributing Win95/NT exe files?
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 00:36:17 -0800

Hi Marcus,

You wrote:

> AFAIK, there is no way to not use the DLL.  I haven't investigated if
> there is a simple way to tweak the packaging -- I don't think there's
> a need for it.  I think what we need are Makefile targets or scripts
> or something to build a directory that has all the things needed
> to make a Swarm application run.
>
> B> Is the Cygnus approach perhaps dependent on all the rigamorole
> B> of bash, the paths set by swarm.exe etc?
>
> I think the cygwin32b19 and Tcl/Tk DLLs and tcl support files should do
> it.The rest is for the development environment.

Actually, I tried to transfer all these DLLs with an heatbugs.exe file to a
Non-Swarmed
NT machine:
    cygtcl80.dll
    cygtclpip80.dll
    cygtclreg80.dll
    cygtk80.dll
    cygwinb19.dll
    tix4180.dll

I just left them in the same directory as the exe file, and then tried to run
it from a MS-DOS shell. It seems that once the DLLs are all there the
simulation starts but get's stuck somewhere in initSwarm(), at least I'm
guessing from the "can't find cstring" error message that I mentioned in my

Hope your trained eye can spot the problem...

Regards,
-Benedikt

--

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden