Re: BoolLib-1.1

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: BoolLib-1.1
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:06:16 +0200

        Dear Alex,

        many thanks for fixing BoolLib. Let me also introduce a few lines of
consideration about the Win95 version of Swarm.

        I share your opinion about Win95 and I absolutely prefer Linux (I'm
migrating to a new Linux Box with RedHat 5.0, but at present I'm still
workink with a Slackware 3.0 installation, so thanks to Marcus for having
newly produced a rescue version for old installations, i.e.
swarm-1.1-i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1-tcl7.4-tk4.0-blt2.1-libc5.2.18.tar.gz and,
of course, for producing the new 1.1.1 versions of Breeder and Neurolib,
running perfectly).

        But let me introduce a pro for the Win95 Swarm release. I'm diffusing
Swarm in my Faculty (Economics, in the University of Turin) by a permanent
seminar followed by about 30 students or active persons of different
branches (industry, banks, public sector). I'm also following 3 short
master dissertation and 2 thesis based upon Swarm. So, the possibility of
using Swarm with Win95 is highly simplifying my work. (Anyway, I'm always
encouraging my students about the usefulness of migrating to a Linux
platform).

        Yours, Pietro