Re: Multiple Value2dDisplay's on a single Raster

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: Multiple Value2dDisplay's on a single Raster
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:23:23 -0400 (EDT)

Doug,
Thanks for the comments.

I can see that in the case you are mentioning that things
would quickly get out of hand trying to get lots of info
conveyed for each cell.

But what I am thinking about here is a case where for the most
part (or entirely) the resources are disjointly distributed.
Think of it as if I had trees, lakes, and treeless fields,
so that each cell would have one or the others, and that
I want to have some "magnitude" of each type displayed
by the intensity of the color on the cell.

Thus I'm not trying to display multiple info in each cell,
but multiple info at different locations on the Raster.

 - r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html