Re: Multiple Value2dDisplay's on a single Raster

From: Rob Kewley
Subject: Re: Multiple Value2dDisplay's on a single Raster
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 06:24:22 -0400

Ken Cline wrote:
> BTW, because of the resolution problem, I've choosen to
> communicate between objects using only distances (measured
> in meters) from a fixed point.  However, this means the
> agents don't know where in the grid they're stored nor
> where on the rasters to draw themselves.  I not saying they
> can't figure that stuff out, in fact they do.  However, I
> might argue that maybe they shouldn't care.  But, yet again,
> I've digressed from the issue at hand...

This is an interesting digression Ken.  I do the same thing in my sim.
The object only knows its absolute position in meters.  Its position on
the raster has no meaning in the model.  Therefore, the objects in the
model world don't know, store, care, or even calculate these values.
The map object in the observer swarm has a method which accepts
coordinates in meters (double variables), converts them to integer
raster locations, and draws them on the screen.

Rob