Re: JAVA *Swarm-like* Engine available

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: JAVA *Swarm-like* Engine available
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:15:20 +0200

        Dear Ed,

        I'm interested in testing SimCAS.

        I'm working with Swarm to develop agent based models of economic
experiments, as you can read in the last number of JASSS, which is
reporting a discussion paper (Pietro Terna, Simulation Tools for Social
Scientists: Building Agent Based Models with SWARM) that you can read at
http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/JASSS/1/2/4.html

        Im my paper I refer to your project with some perplexity, as you can see
in the paragraph that I'm reporting here:

"3.18 Finally, the diffusion effect is a cumulative one, both for the
production of reusable pieces of programs and for the standardisation of
techniques to allow experiments to be replicated easily. However,
standardisation is not always considered in the same positive way. See, for
an example, the message of February 24, 1998, in the Swarm mailing lists
archive which states that the Agilis Corp. - which is using Swarm to build
enterprise simulation models - is rewriting it using Java vs. Objective C."

My institution is:

Dipartimento di scienze economiche e finanziarie
Università di Torino
corso Unione Sovietica 218 bis
10134 Torino
Italia