Swarm 1.1 NT

From: James Marshall
Subject: Swarm 1.1 NT
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:04:50 GMT

Hi,
  I'm using Swarm 1.1 under Windows NT and it seems to me the
interface isn't very robust. When running Heatbugs (I've also seen it
with IPDWorld by Hinsch and Merelo), doing the following:
zooming twice in a graph window (e.g. Unhappiness of bugs vs. time),
then right clicking twice on the unhappiness label to the right of
the graph...
cause the following to be output in the DOS window:

bgerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: window name "tkbusy" already exists in parent
    Error in bgerror: no value given for parameter "title" to
    "tk_dialog"

... as well as popping up a dialog box that can't be got rid of. The
program totally seizes and I have to stop it using Ctrl-C in the DOS
window. Note I run swarm.exe to get the bash session running, then
run the app from there.
  Has anyone else come across this? I'm new to Swarm, so maybe what
I'm doing is unusual or silly, but I think the interface should
be a bit more robust,
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences