Binary install

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Binary install
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:43:48 -0700

Hi Hive,

   I have a question about the binary distribution.

As I'm sure you long-timers have heard far too many times, I have to
modify Schedule.m to make my schedule work.  I have my app running
on Win95.  I installed the solaris binary on the UCSB system and
confirmed that heatbugs ran.  I then modified Schedule.m and recompiled
swarm.
I recompiled heatbugs and confirmed that it still ran.  What I didn't
notice at the time was that it didn't think anything had changed...

After installing my app, I compiled and ran.  Core dump.
gdb told me where the error was, unfortunatly, it was called from a
section
of the code that I had commented out.  I have confirmed that it is not
linking with any libactivity.a that I have created.  Therefore, the
binary
has an unmodified version built in that I can't get rid of.

Marcus, if I remember correctly (which is always in doubt) you sold
me on the binary version because it still included the Swarm source.
I need a second piece of this, I need my mods to be incorperated into
the code to which my app links.  HELP!

Cheers and hoping I don't have to go back to archive.

   Doug