Re: Modifying swarm classes

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Modifying swarm classes
Date: 05 May 1998 14:43:12 -0700

ST> What's the 'recommended' way to do it if I need to add to or
ST> modify the functionality of an existing Swarm library
ST> object/class:

If it is a change that could be of value to other people, send us a
patch and we'll probably install it.  Otherwise, the only disadvantage
of subclassing is that you have to include knowledge of the structure
of Swarm things in your application.  With GUI things this isn't ideal
since there can be two (or maybe more) sets of classes for GUI
things (tkobjc and awtobjc).