Re: Next version of Swarm? - Prob with BLT

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Next version of Swarm? - Prob with BLT
Date: 26 May 1998 20:57:17 -0600

PR> When is the next version of Swarm due? The next version should
PR> have updated docs?

You are right, the next version (1.2) will have updated docs, although
the updates are more of a technical reference nature and getting the
docs in complete automatic sync with the code.  Not really of the
"modelling/tutorial" nature at this stage.  We hope to have a more
fully-fledged "User Guide" for 2.0.

The new docs, however, will be available in both HTML and printed
(Postscript/RTF format) and will have a complete index of methods and
protocols.

There is no hard and fast date for the release at this stage - within
the next month or so (maybe!).

PR> I had a fair try at getting the current version (binary distrib)
PR> going but got stuck on the BLT stuff - I thought I might wait for
PR> the next version to try again.

Do post the result of your failed build - it could help us.

PR> I have a biological simulation that would be helped by Swarm
PR> visualisation.

Feel free to post brief summary of what you want to simulate and/or
visualise.  Biological modelling is one of the first application
domain areas Swarm was aimed at, and one of my particular interests in
getting involved with the Swarm Project in the first place.

PR> Thanks to the developers.

Cheers,

 --- Alex

--