-- varyseed.

From: Nasty Ace
Subject: -- varyseed.
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 12:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

hi!

i just started, and still playing around with randome number generators.

well, what i've been trying to do is use the --varyseed command line
parameter, but to no avail.

the only calls to random.h i use are :
        [uniformIntRand getIntegerWithMin: X withMax: Y]; and
        [uniformDblRand getDoubleWithMin: X.x withMax: Y.y];

and it appears that for these, I don't need to create my own generator.
that's true, right?

am i missing something here?  the return results just don't change at all.

any kind of help is appreciated.

regards, case.

| casey tan                                                                  |
| e-mail        : address@hidden                             |
| telephone     : (215) 387-3492                                             |
| snail mail    : 20 South 39th Street, Apt N4, Philadelphia, PA 19104       |
| url           : http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~tankh                           |

                "Make me a witness
                 take me out
                 out of darkness