Re: help using ListIndex

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: help using ListIndex
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:31:48 -0600

At 05:09 PM 5/28/98 GMT, you wrote:
>id allAgents;
>
>printf("Creating global ListIndex...\n");
>allAgents=[ListIndex createBegin: [self getZone]];
>[allAgents setEndsOnly: NO];
>[allAgents createEnd];
>printf("created\n");
>
>and here's the output:
>
>Creating global ListIndex...
>(C:\Swarm\swarmapps-1.1\EPD\EPD.exe 1001) Exception:
>STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (C:\Swarm\swarmapps-1.1\EPD\EPD.exe 1001)
>Dumping stack trace to EPD.exe.core

I suspect that you're a victim of the ol' switcheroo.  You
should catch the return from the createEnd because the old
reference to allAgents is probably gone.

This may not be the problem, though.  You might want to use
the debugger and find out exactly which object (or whatever)
was supposed to be there when you accessed that memory.

glen