[no subject]

From: x . huang
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:31:33 +0100

About notations of swarm:
When I read swarm codes from swarm application examples coming with swarm
package, I found some notations are really confusing me. Maybe somebody can
give a
good explanation why we should not change them to better notations. Here I just
give one example:

In /swarmapp/tutorial/simpleObserverBug/observerSwarm.m:

a worldRaster object is created in the following codes:
worldRaster =[ZoomRaster create: [self getZone]];
[worldRaster pack];

and then a foodDisplay object is created in the following codes:
foodDisplay = [Value2Display createBegin: [self getZone]];
foodDisplay = [foodDisplay createEnd];

Why worldRaster's creation is beginning with "CREATE", and foodDisplay is
with "CREATEBEGIN"?  I would prefer the two notations can be unified, say
using "CREATEBEGIN"? and also I would expect the worldRaster's creation
ends with
[worldRaster createEnd], just foodDisplay's creation does. To do this,
library providers have to stick to predetermined notations, but I can not
see there is any difficult to do that.

Dr Xueyue Huang
Center for Transport Studies
Imperial College