Re: Zoom Factor

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Zoom Factor
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 18:08:43 -0600

At 06:21 PM 6/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I got swarm up and running today (under NT 4.0 and with some help from the
>support archive). I had heatbugs running. It now will not, and the error
>message is "event raised for error: WindowUsage nonsquare zoom given."
>
>I see from the archive that this problem has arisen before (Zoom Factor
>Matthias Mikuletz (address@hidden)
>Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:35:07 -0700 (MST))
>
>but I did not see a solution given there. Any help would be appreciated.

All that means is that the zoom is not square.  As Marcus said,
if your code has no reason to generate a non-square zoom, then
it could be that your ~/.swarmArchiver is messed up.  In addition
to just moving it to see if that's the problem, you can edit
that file to take out the geometry size (AxB) resource.

If, however, you haven't checked your code, you might want to
do that as well.  One way code can generate this kind of error
is if you have a rectangular non-square zoomraster.  Then even
though the zoom is the same in both directions, the code
checks after the zoom is applied and so doesn't distinguish.
(At least I think that's how 1.1 works.)

And if none of that leads to an obvious problem, then you might
try replacing your zoomraster with a plain old raster and see
what happens.

glen