Problem Installing Swarm 1.2

From: Patrick McNeill
Subject: Problem Installing Swarm 1.2
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:31:37 -0400

Just a quick note that might save someone some time --

On Solaris 2.6 on a Ultra 2, the file src/objectbase/version.h was incorrect.
It read:

#define SWARM_VERSION 1.2
#define SWARM_MAJOR 1
1.2
1.2

It should read (I'm fairly certain):

#define SWARM_VERSION "1.2"
#define SWARM_MAJOR 1

I don't know if this file is generated by the configure scripts, or if it
is distributed.  The error you'll get if you have this problem looks something
like:

In file included from Arguments.m:19:
version.h:3: parse error before `1.2'
Arguments.m:27: parse error before `1.2'
Arguments.m: In function `findSwarm':
Arguments.m:289: `swarm_version' undeclared (first use in this function)
Arguments.m:289: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Arguments.m:289: for each function it appears in.)

Well, thanks for the new release with all the configure stuff -- saved me a
lot of time!!!  (I installed everything except for Swarm 1.1 yesterday,
figuring I'd put the headaches off:))

-Patrick McNeill