Re: On jobs well done...

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: On jobs well done...
Date: 14 Jul 1998 16:07:09 -0600

BS> Y'all, I've been meaning to send out this message for a couple of
BS> weeks - in appreciation of the excellent job that the Swarm team
BS> did on release 1.2. The Swarm website has improved greatly and the
BS> new manual/documentation is an impressive piece of work - pretty
BS> much what we have all been hoping for. If you haven't checked it
BS> out yet - have a look:

BS> http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/swarmdocs/html/set/set.html

BS> This must have taken a Herculean effort - in addition to the
BS> kernel & library programming and user support that goes on day by
BS> day. Many thanks.

Danke.  All in a day's (and night's) work.

BS> GNU type projects like Swarm live and die by the level of user
BS> support of other users. The Swarm community still relies, perhaps
BS> to heavily, on the expertise of essentially one person at Santa Fe
BS> to solve anything from installation problems to kernel bugs, -

That must mean that Marcus and I must each be half a person... ;-)

BS> which means that Paul's contribution carries a tremendous
BS> weight. This is after all a SFI thing - it's all about increasing
BS> returns to scale...

Yup - thanks also to Paul.  We are letting the old FAQ quietly die
now...

BS> PS. It may seem silly to some veterans on the list that I feel the
BS> need to point out the URLs for the docs and Paul's FAQ, but it
BS> always amazes me how many posters on the list don't seem to have
BS> downloaded the docs or checked out the FAQ.

erm, this has occured to us from time to time ;-)

Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster         |   e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Developer        |      web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex