Re: Need help/examples with enumerated lists (ooops...)

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Need help/examples with enumerated lists (ooops...)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 13:44:15 -0700

Ooops,

I made a stupid mistake:

> int i,member;
>
> for(i=0;i<[contactList getCount];i++) {
>     member=[contactList atOffset: i];
>     if([memberList contains: member]==1)
>         [contactList remove: member];
> }

Sorry, that's going to fail of course, because the remove will affect the list
that is being looped over. Change it to:

for(i=0;i<[memberList getCount];i++) {
    member=[memberList atOffset: i];
    if([contactList contains: member]==1)
        [contactList remove: member];
}

I wrote it the other way first, because the contains: and remove: methods in
collections duplicate the same effort (to find the member pointer). There might
be a faster way to do this, but certainly it would be messier code.

Regards,
-Benedikt