Re: Make error

From: Chimera
Subject: Re: Make error
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:57:44 -0700

Do you mean newer than version 1.4?  That is the version I have installed
locally, and I have an expilcit  "configure" path to it.  It is highly
unlikely that another version is being accessed, as until I put in the
"--with-" paths, the config failed.  I have tried it both with just
"--with-tclobjcdir" and with "--with-tclobjcincludedir" as well.  Yes the
file is in /home/donalson/swarm12/packages/tclobjc-1.4/include.

I got it to build by changing the reference to local and copying the
files.  That got it to build successfully.  I have since run into some
other problems.

To paraphrase my former boss, there comes a time in every project where
you have to shoot the installer and get on with it.  (In his case, replace
installer with engineer.)  I am just going to modify my swarm-1.2 source
to work under swarm-1.1 and use that on the unix system.  Swarm-1.1 didn't
have the windows crash problem and that was the only reason I needed the
upgrade.

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> D3> I have to agree with it, I can't find TkInterp.h either.  Where is
> D3> it supposed to reside?
>
> TkInterp.h can be found in a new version of tclobjc.

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*