Re: Problems on compiling libffi-1.18

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Problems on compiling libffi-1.18
Date: 28 Jul 1998 13:53:30 -0600

AP> Hi all I'm trying to compile version 1.1 of Swarm on Alpha.  All
AP> the needed software are ok, except libffi-1.18 Here are the result
>> libmld--as1: Error: ./alpha/osf.S, line 118: .mask must have pcreg
>> from
AP> .frame set if any bits are set in .mask or .fmask
>> make[2]: *** [osf.lo] Error 1
AP> Any ideas?  I am using a system like OSF1 V3.2 214 alpha Best
AP> regards.  ALEX

It doesn't look like you are doing anything obviously wrong (maybe
Marcus might, but he's away for a few days)- and I suspect your
problem is pretty Alpha-specific.  I personally don't know a lot about
libffi on Alpha machines (we don't have access to one here at SFI and
we don't maintain the libffi packages), but you could try and get in
touch with Anthony Green at Cygnus:

>From the README:

> libffi was written by Anthony Green <address@hidden>.
>
> The Alpha port was written by Richard Henderson at Cygnus Solutions.
>
> If you have a problem, or have found a bug, please send a note to
> address@hidden

Other resources (also from README) might be:

> libffi-1.18 was released on April 16, 1998. Check the libffi web page
> for updates: <http://www.cygnus.com/~green/libffi.html>.
>
> If you wish to be notified of libffi releases by email, fill out the
> form at <http://www.cygnus.com/~green/libffi-form.html>.

Good luck!

 --- Alex

--